|Important: If you have not signed up for Mobile Money, you must do that through Online Banking, from a PC, before you can access our mobile banking service.
- You should lock your phone with a password or shape so that it is not easily accessed.
- Use anti-virus or anti-malware software to increase your phone's security.
- Do not save your Mobile Money password or account information on your phone.
- If you should lose your phone, contact you service carrier immediately and have your phone disabled. Also, login to Online Banking, using a PC, and change your password.
- Bank of the James will never send an email or text message requesting your Mobile Money password. If you get such a request, be sure to check your phone for malware or other viruses.
- If you purchased a used or refurbished phone, check it for pre-loaded malware or viruses that can be used to steal your data.
- Do not leave your phone unattended where others can use it.
- Confirm that your Bluetooth technology is set to a high security mode so that you must approve any connections or downloads before they are made. Always disable your phone's Bluetooth function when it is not in use.
- Make sure you are using a secure internet browser and connection while connected to Mobile Money.
Security & Fraud Education
- Only download the TouchBanking app from a reputable sources, such as, Google Play or iTunes.
- Only access links within text or email messages you are expecting, such as, during the initial setup of Mobile Money.
- Do not share your Mobile Money password. If you allow others to use your password, you are responsible for any transactions that occur.
- Make sure when logging into Mobile Money, you are provided the identifying picture and phrase from the site. Just like Online Banking.
- Close out of Mobile Banking when you are finished with your session. For added security, Mobile Money will automatically log you out after 5 minutes.
- Continue to refer to our Customer Education section for alerts or information on new pertinent threats, security information or usage tips.