Savings Accounts & Certificates of Deposit
We would like to help you achieve your savings goals and we have designed a number of accounts to help meet our customers' needs. Whether you are saving for a vacation, your child's education, retirement or just for a rainy day, we can help. There is no time like the present to start saving for a solid financial future.
The following briefly describes many of our savings account programs. For complete details, download our Personal Savings Plans flyer, or contact one of our branch offices. Note that normal account rules and regulations apply and the following is not intended to offer a complete description of the accounts.
This traditional savings account offers a modest interest rate with no service fees if minimum balance requirements are met.
Our premium savings account requires a higher minimum balance than Statement Savings, but offers a higher interest rate and no service fees if minimum balance requirements are met.
Minor Savings / UTMA
Our Minor Savings account is designed to encourage saving at a young age by offering an interest-bearing account without a minimum balance requirement.
Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Bank of the James' Certificates of Deposit allow you to earn interest safely and securely with a guaranteed interest rate with maturities varying in length from 6 months to 5 years. Rates vary and you may obtain our current rates and terms by contacting one of our branch offices or viewing our rates page.
Bank of the James' interest-bearing Christmas Club Account is an excellent way to save for the holidays or a special event.
Here's how it works:
- You decide how much to save and how often – you can even schedule automatic deposits from another Bank of the James account into your Christmas Club Account.
- You make deposits to your Christmas Club Account throughout the year.
- On maturity (normally mid-October) we deposit your Christmas Club Account balance – including the interest you earned – into your Bank of the James checking or savings account just in time to shop for the holidays!
- The account is renewable annually, so you can start saving for the next year right away!
- The bank will mail a check to you at the end of the club year (mid- to late October), or deposit your club balance into your Bank of the James checking or savings account per your request.
Please note that Bank of the James in not engaged in rendering of tax, investment or legal advice.
All accounts are subject to credit approval. Service charges and fees could reduce earnings. For complete details on our savings accounts and related products and services, please contact one of our branch locations, or review our Personal Savings Plans flyer. Normal account rules and regulations and some restrictions apply.